Last week, the global cases confirmed of coronavirus have exceeded 17.76 million, causing more than 680,000 death. The increasing rate of past 7 days compared to the past 14 days is 101.70%. WHO said that the coronavirus is not affected by climate, it can survive in any weather. And the consequences caused by the epidemic may last for decades, human should learn how to live with the virus; the global epidemic is heating up, and countries in Europe and Asia have tightened prevention measures again.
In the latest meeting, the Federal Reserve Committee decided to maintain interest rates to stabilize the market economy and expressed their negative views on the economic outlook, also said that the economic development will depend on the spread process of the virus.
The WHO is conducting the "Solidarity" experimental project to evaluate the potential worldwide treatments of fighting coronavirus disease; the UK is conducting the world’s largest clinical trial, called the "Recovery" program, with more than 12,000 patients currently participating in it.
Taiwan Headquarters (Associate General Manager: Alex Tsai)
- Considering that the domestic epidemic is stable and there is still room for medical care and continuing the spirit of "Taiwan can help, and Taiwan is helping!", starting from August 1st, except for non-urgent medical needs such as health checkups and aesthetic medicine, International medical patients can apply for medical treatment in Taiwan by checking relevant information and documents from medical institutions.
- Based on the views of international institutions, including IMF, EIU, and IHS Markit all believe that the global economic performance will decline in 2020, and the performance of global trade will also sharply decline. Due to the high degree of economic linkage between Taiwan and the world, especially with the two largest economics, the United States and China, which are also Taiwan’s most important export markets, will have its economic growth rate declining. There are also uncertain factors that may have an impact on Taiwan’s economy in 2020, which deserves attention.
- There were 16 confirmed cases of the new Covid-19 in Taiwan this week. So far, a total of 474 confirmed cases have been confirmed, including 382 overseas immigrations, 55 local cases, 36 Great Will fleets, and 1 case to be clarified.
Guangzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Aden Wang)
- As of 8/1, a total of 1682 confirmed cases have been confirmed in Guangdong Province, and 20 cases are under treatment in the hospital.
- After local confirmed cases appeared in Xinjiang, Liaoning and other places, the epidemic spread to 5 provinces and 9 cities through people gatherings; personnel in high-risk areas are prohibited from leaving the city, and a second nucleic acid sampling will be launched.
- The number of confirmed cases in Hong Kong last week exceeded 100 people every day, and community infections have occurred; the government announced that the level of epidemic prevention measures should be upgraded, and 72-hour nucleic acid test certificates should be provided for entry from high-risk areas; the 14-day centralized quarantine policy for China, Taiwan and Macau has been extended to 9/7.
- Under the six-stable six-guarantee policy and proactive epidemic prevention and control, China's PMI index in July was 51.1%, 0.2% higher from the previous month; the second half of this year the government will focus on expanding domestic demand and driving investment and consumption demand with new urbanization.
Suzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Alan Liu)
- Last week, there’s no more cases identified in Jiangsu Province. So far, the total number of cases is 655, while 654 people discharged from the hospitals after recovering, with a mortality rate of 0%.
- The epidemic from Dalian has infected to 4 provinces and 1 city, including Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Fujian and Beijing.
- At present, we adopted the policy of no overtime working and no recruitment to make preparations for the plan of production transfer, gradually replenish the inventory, improve the two-day delivery rate and maintain the balance of production and sales.
MEAN WELL Europe (General Manager: Coleman)
- New cases confirmed in the Netherlands have been growing. New ordinance in Amsterdam and Rotterdam on mask wearing to avoid virus expansion.
- MWEU focused working with customers to support the recovery of the industry. Recently together with luminaire manufacturer we offered solutions with high cost performance ratio and solving technical difficulties.
- Together with customer call-out we delivered EDMs in medical modular power as well as KNX building automation. We will work with major online resellers to make available to MEAN WELL’s medical modular power.
- We continue to work with customers in medical, charging, industrial automation as well as building automation (KNX) market. Weekly follows make sure customer’s satisfaction.
MEAN WELL USA (General Manager: Leo)
- The disease caused by the coronavirus has killed at least 151,000 people in the United States since February.
- The number of newly confirmed cases in the United States dropped this week, and the outbreaks in Florida, Arizona, Texas, and California began to fall under control.
- MWUSA will co-op with SAGER to host an online webinar this month, targeting fanless power supplies for fitness equipment.
ASIA (Overseas Sales Director: Ted Cheng/ASIAN Regional Manager: Leo Wu)
- The number of people diagnosed in India has exceeded 1.6 million and has not passed the peak of infection. However, India has implemented the third phase of unblocking (Unlock 3.0) from August 1 to lift the curfew and open yoga venues and gymnasiums, but schools, cinemas, bars, subway services, and severely epidemic control areas continued to be closed until the end of August.
- At present, in order to revitalize the economy and reduce the impact of the epidemic, governments of various countries have successively increased investment in public construction, and contributors and direct customers have increased their inventory levels to meet the needs of lighting and infrastructure.
- During the epidemic, MEAN WELL provided uninterrupted products and services that were highly recognized by the medical industry in the market. Last week, it also released the main power supply EDM of medical models and promotional videos to strengthen communication with the market. In addition to the original project, it also increased many potential customers to negotiate medical diagnosis, medical beauty and other projects.
Japan (Sales Representative of Japan: Jeff Fang)
- The number of new infections has increased continuously, 581~1297 new infections per day last week.
- Thailand and Vietnam visitors can apply short-term business VISA to entry Japan from Aug. 5th, 2020.
- Publish E-DM (including promotional video) to Japanese clients, and focusing on promoting HRP, SDR, XLG and GST series.
Have good intentions, care our partners, provide the power of stability and assist industry to recover.
MEAN WELL Group Prevention Team 2020/08/04