Last week, the global cases confirmed of coronavirus have exceeded 178 million, causing more than 3.85 million death. The increasing rate of past 7 days compared to the past 14 days is 97.08% (decreased by 2.92%); Brazil, Russia, the United Kingdom and many other countries were affected by the Delta mutant virus strain, the epidemic rebounded, and the global epidemic slowed down slightly.
The global vaccination number of new coronavirus has reached 2.543 billion, 763 million people were fully vaccinated, about 9.9% of the vaccination population; the WHO said that the Delta mutant virus strain first showed in India has become the main virus strain in the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The president of International Monetary Fund (IMF) stated that the vaccine policy is the most important economic policy in 2021, which is even more important than the monetary and fiscal policy. She also pointed out that the prerequisite for the world return to high sustainability growth rate is to vaccinate all people; the Federal Reserve Committee (Fed) interest rate decision meeting pointed out that it is optimistic about the US economic prospects in the second half of the year and will continue to maintain the benchmark interest rate at 0-0.25%, but it may raise interest rates early before the end of 2023; during the meeting, the exchange rate was being substantially increased than expected and the overall inflation rate forecast was raising to 3.4% in 2021.
Taiwan Headquarters (Associate General Manager: Alex Tsai)
- According to the statistics of the command center, 13,771 confirmed cases were 1,162 overseas immigration, 12,556 local cases, 36 Dunmu fleet, 2 aircraft infections, and 518 deaths among the confirmed cases, of which 511 were local.
- As of June 17th, a total of 1,273,121 people received AZ vaccines in China, of which 229,566 were elders over 75 years old. At present, 25 cases of deaths after AZ vaccination have been reported, of which 20 cases occurred in elders over 75 years old. The vast majority of deaths are elderly people with chronic diseases; some cases have been dissected by judicial examination, and the initial cause of death is related to cardiovascular disease or chronic disease history. So far, no deaths have been judged to be related to vaccines.
- The command center announced that the second batch of 240,000 doses of Moderna vaccine will be delivered on the afternoon of June 18. It is estimated that after the inspection and sealing operation is completed in one week, inoculation will be carried out according to the implementation targets listed in the vaccination plan. According to the results of clinical trials, each person needs to administer 2 doses with an interval of more than 28 days between the two doses. The protective efficacy of the vaccine can reach 94%. The US government also donated 2.5 million doses of Moderna vaccine, which has arrived in Taiwan on June 20.
- For those who received orders in July and had exceeded the average 1.2 times, coordinated to disperse in August. Some localized infrastructure bidding projects in Taiwan will be closely communicated with customers by business units to promote "cutting peaks and stabilizing growth". The batch supply of engineering quantities is used to coordinate the progress of the acceptance project and maintain the production level between the client and MEAN WELL.
Guangzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Aden Wang)
- As of 6/18, a total of 2680 cases have been confirmed in Guangdong Province, and 222 are under treatment in the hospital.
- The epidemic situation in Guangdong Province has gradually stabilized, with only a few sporadic cases. Currently, 12 medium- and high-risk areas are under control; the new coronavirus in Guangzhou this time is an Indian variant strain. The symptoms are the same as the common cold, including fever, dry cough, sore throat, diarrhea etc. The symptoms were mild and the people were not alert enough to go to the hospital for nucleic acid testing, causing this round of infection.
- The Guangzhou plant continued to implement the requirements of epidemic prevention measures, and began to arrange personnel to take the first vaccine in July; currently, a production lot has been issued for stable supply, and the introduction of automation and outsourcing has been accelerated.
Suzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Alan Liu)
- Last week, 9 new coronavirus cases, imported from abroad, were identified in Jiangsu Province, bringing the total number of cases to 739 , while 721 people discharged from the hospitals after recovering, with 0 mortality.
- From January to May in 2021, the Industrial Added Value above Designated Size increased by 17.8%, with an average growth of 7% in two years.
- The orders of Q2 are sufficient and that of Q3 is forecasted to increase. We will accelerate the development and apply of automation equipment and increase the production capacity to meet the customers’ needs.
MEAN WELL Europe (General Manager: Coleman)
- EU vaccine penetration rate increased to 67%, open up in Q3 can be expected.
- EU council has reached agreement to list Taiwan and USA in total 7 counties in the low risk area in which could open up for non-essential travels.
- Due to extremely high order intake together with shortage of certain materials, MWEU will follow group policy, arrange customer order based on demand and capacity, in order to achieve overall stable production capacity as power of stability to the industries.
- Long haul transportation costs raised again due to COVID situation in Asia. MWEU work closely with our transportation partners to ensure puncture deliveries.
MEAN WELL USA (General Manager: Leo)
- The European Union's governing body has recommended that the bloc lift restrictions on non-essential travel from 14 countries, including the US, a move that would allow visitors from these destinations to vacation in Europe far more easily.
- Governor Cuomo Announces COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted as 70% of Adult New Yorkers Have Received First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine.
- In accordance with government regulations, colleagues who have completed the vaccination do not need to wear masks in the company. Conference rooms and restaurants will resume use, but normal epidemic prevention will be maintained.
ASIA (ASIAN Regional Manager: Leo Wu)
- India’s weekly diagnosis ratio continues to decline, major cities are gradually loosening the ban, and economic activities are slowly becoming more active, and MEAN WELL India also continues to support the local government’s emergency medical project for oxygen machines and respirators.
- Indonesia has worsened the epidemic due to the rapid spread of the mutant virus. Last week, the number of confirmed cases of the epidemic increased by 38.3%, and the number of deaths increased by 4.9%. The World Health Organization recommends the implementation of large-scale social restrictions to curb the epidemic.
- The epidemic in Thailand has not slowed down, but Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced that the Bangkok ban will be lifted on June 14 and the restrictions on the business of five types of places will be relaxed. In addition to the opening of parks, beauty clinics and nail art Salons and massage shops are all lifted and opened for business.
- Continue to promote and implement "cutting peaks and stabilizing growth" to provide industry stability.
Have good intentions, care our partners, provide the power of stability and assist industry to recover.
MEAN WELL Group Prevention Team 2021/06/21