Last week, the global cases confirmed of coronavirus have exceeded 6.05 million, causing more than 369,000 death. The increasing rate of past 7 days compared to the past 14 days is 116.68%. The total case confirmed all over the world exceeded 6 million. The countries with the highest case confirmed are the United States, Brazil and Russia; the epidemic in Europe is slowing down, governments are starting to ease the border control; according to the WHO announcement, there are currently 118 coronavirus vaccine projects in the world, and 7 vaccines have entered clinical trials.
BRICS and the SCO summits has been postponed due to the coronavirus; The European Commission unveils €750 billion recovery plan to stimulate economies, and Japan approves fresh $1.1 trillion stimulus to combat pandemic pain; Since the economies still rely on most people to go to work, governments are facing increasing pressure to unblock. And we should maintain appropriate social distances, wear masks in crowded places, and continue to disinfect the environment and self-health as well as other measures to avoid the comeback of pandemic.
Taiwan Headquarters (Chief Operating Officer: Kevin Chen)
- 1 cases confirmed last week, maintaining 442 total cases. Considering the low risk in Taiwan, government is planning to loose anti-epidemic measures on June 6th to bring people’s lives back to normal. As long as people cooperate with the real/joint name system and implement personal protections, engaging in various daily and leisure activities will no longer be restricted by the number of people.
- The promotions are not affected by the epidemic. Suzhou construction partner Seminar (via ZOOM) on June 3rd will be still conducted, planning to replace the exhibition by online electronic exhibitions.
- In addition to maintaining regular epidemic prevention, review internal systems and external partnerships with X plan. MEAN WELL care for partners, adjust qualities, and be ready to resume everything.
Guangzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Aden Wang)
- As of 5/30, there were 1592 confirmed cases in Guangdong Province, including 2 cases in hospital. There have been no new confirmed cases for several consecutive days in the province, and the normal epidemic prevention has been maintained continuously.
- There is no epidemic situation in all regions, so sales team will increase cross-regional distributors/ KA / CKA visits, develop new customers, new channels, new industries, and continue to set up exhibition stores and e-commerce.
- The inventory of finished products a low, Guangzhou factory will gradually establish a safety stock, paying attention to the resumption and delivery of the semiconductor supply chain.
Suzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Alan Liu)
- Last week, there’s no more cases identified in Jiangsu Province. So far, the total number of cases is 653, while 653 people discharged from the hospitals after recovering, with a mortality rate of 0%.
- Health code of Suzhou has upgraded from the epidemic-exclusive to an application, which combines the health code and electronic ID, is much more widely used in daily life.
- Summarized new medically related customers developed by the epidemic, make visits to know their after-sales condition and catch the opportunity to enter the other medical market.
MWEU (General Manager: Coleman)
- All European countries are focusing four steps: how to re-open, how to avoid re-surge, how to drive economy and how to make vaccines.
- MWEU has been fully operating in house. We are able to offer immediate product technical and sales support.
- MEAN WELL has shown our unprecedented and irreplaceable position in medical market, MWEU will continue to support the development of medical industry.
- Smart home solution market paced well, MWEU is in corporation with several building automation integrators offering our KNX solutions.
MEAN WELL USA (General Manager: Leo)
- The epidemic situation in the United States has stabilized and entered the plateau period. The 50 states in the United States have been reopened. It is important to observe whether there will be a second peak after Memorial Day on May 25.
- MWUSA reestablished the operation and is fully functional. The Sales and Engineering team are ready to provide prompt and fast services to North American customers.
- KC warehouse has completed the shelf expansion project. It increases storage spaces and expanded the maximum inventory capacity. We start to restock and have enough inventory to serve customer in Central and East quickly.
- Reposition business development strategy and focus on industries that fulfill local demand (e.g. NMP, RACK, etc.), and also perform some marketing co-op with online type distributors to campaign the six major niche products.
ASIA (Overseas Sales Director: Ted Cheng/ASIAN Regional Manager: Leo Wu)
- The epidemic situation in the Asia-Pacific region has stabilized, and countries have successively unblocked and prepared for the new normal of epidemic prevention to avoid secondary infections and restart economic activities.
- The ports of India, Philippines and New Zealand are still limited due to manpower constraints.
- The resident offices and personnel are operating normally, and continue to provide stable power to assist partners around the world to accelerate recovery and provide customer service.
- Continue to support medical emergency projects and assist in the introduction of new medical project needs.
Have good intentions, care our partners, provide the power of stability and assist industry to recover.
MEAN WELL Group Prevention Team 2020/06/02