Last week, the global cases confirmed of coronavirus have exceeded 39.58 million, causing more than 1,100,000 death. The increasing rate of past 7 days compared to the past 14 days is 108.88%; the number of daily diagnosed in Europe countries kept breaking a new high in consecutive days, and the governments started to restrict the epidemic prevention measures to avoid losing control of the epidemic; the coronavirus disease has become the fifth leading cause of death in Europe, with an average of more than 1,000 people dying every day. If the government does not strengthen effective epidemic prevention measures, the number of deaths in a single day may increase to five times the peak by January next year.
G20 Finance Ministers Meeting emphasized that the spread of the new coronavirus disease must be urgently controlled, and said no matter what measures are taken, they will support global economy and financial stability. The President of the IMF stated that if the international community can cooperate strongly in vaccine research and development and distribution, the economic recovery will be accelerated. He pointed out that China’s economic rebound has three major impacts on the global economy, including boosting China’s import demand. The rebound in commodity prices provides a growth engine for the global value chain and enhances confidence in the global war against the epidemic.
The WHO stated that the co-spreading of seasonal influenza and the coronavirus epidemic may pose challenges to health systems and facilities. It is recommended that five target groups (pregnant women, patients with underlying diseases, the elderly, health workers and children) receive influenza vaccination. Researchers from the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom have developed an extremely fast detection method that knows whether or not it has been infected with the new coronavirus within five minutes, which can be used in large places such as airports in the future.
Taiwan Headquarters (Associate General Manager: Alex Tsai)
- According to statistics from the command center, a total of 535 cases have been confirmed so far, including 443 overseas immigration, 55 local cases, 36 Good Will fleet and 1 unknown. Among the confirmed cases, 7 died and 37 were hospitalized in isolation.
- The timing has entered the peak season for electronic terminal product stocking, coupled with the urgent orders from the land factory and the unabated trend in the use of emerging technologies, the electronics industry’s export, export orders, and production index annual growth rates remain outstanding, boosting demand and operations of the performance of environmental indicators, therefore, this month's electronic component industry business climate indicator continued to maintain a green light. In the computer, electronic products, and optical product industries, the global epidemic is volatile, causing the housing economy and long-distance business opportunities to continue to ferment, driving the performance of education and e-sports notebooks. Therefore, the computer, electronics and other IT products and optical products are booming the light signal continued to remain green.
- The industry recovery and revitalization program launched by the group effectively connected upstream and downstream partners to respond. End customers and distributors increased their stocking to meet the delivery needs of end customers. Taiwan factories slightly increased the overtime rate and prioritized replenishment of inventory.
Guangzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Aden Wang)
- As of 10/17, a total of 1,881 confirmed cases have been confirmed in Guangdong Province, and 37 cases are under treatment in the hospital.
- The asymptomatic infections of the new crown detected in Qingdao, Shandong Province on October 11th and Huadu District, Guangdong Province on October 15th were initially judged to be related to overseas cases, and they were infected without personal protection and meeting epidemic prevention requirements when worked in hospitals and quarantine hotels; Instant inspections and nucleic acid tests in key areas have been carried out, and no new cases have been found so far.
- From 10/10 to 10/13, Guangzhou Lighting Exhibition concluded successfully. MEAN WELL combined with the organizer and PBM partners to conduct the first live broadcast to jointly demonstrate new products, new technologies and promote industrial restoration and stimulation plans.
- In the 3rd CIIE in November, Fortune 500 and industry leading companies actively participated in the exhibition, and the number reached the previous scale. In addition, the exhibition cooperates with the normalization of epidemic prevention and control: entry exhibitors must be quarantined and observed for 14 days, and all exhibitors must provide a valid nucleic acid test negative certificate within 7 days when entering the exhibition hall for the first time.
Suzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Alan Liu)
- Last week, 2 new coronavirus cases, imported from abroad, were identified in Jiangsu Province, bringing the total number of cases to 669 , while 664 people discharged from the hospitals after recovering, with 0 mortality.
- Six confirmed cases and six asymptomatic infected persons were identified in Qingdao since Oct., people from there must take nucleic acid tests and do centralized quarantine for 14 days.
- After the National Day holiday orders and shipments improved，to cope with this, we will increase the overtime working to replenish the inventory and improve the two-day delivery rate.
MEAN WELL Europe (General Manager: Coleman)
- Pandemic rise exponentially without sign of stopping in The Netherlands. EUMW has upgraded anti-pandemic measures to avoid infections that might cause interruption of customer service. Scheduled travels cancelled and changed back to online meetings.
- MWEU maintained steady shipments to customers, current stock level increased to $6.6M. We expect more quantities arrive to our warehouse in early September so we can fulfill more urgent demands.
- Our sales team is now actively working with our customers and distributors to offer our industry-recovery stimulation plan. This is the action to show MEAN WELL Can Help.
- The 4th session of our online product seminar will be detailing our configurable and digital controlled products, we welcome all our partners and friends to join.
MEAN WELL USA (General Manager: Leo)
- Ten states reported their highest single-day tallies of new Covid-19 infections Friday, as experts say a dangerous fall surge of coronavirus infections is underway.
- U.S. coronavirus cases increased by 69,276 cases, the most since late July.
- MWUSA promotes a 3% rebate program to encourage industrial recovery and continue to work with customers in the medical, charging, industrial automation as well as NMP market.
ASIA (ASIAN Regional Manager: Leo Wu)
- The total number of confirmed cases in India exceeds 7.3 million, and the number of confirmed weekly diagnoses continues to decline but still exceeds 300,000. The number of confirmed weekly diagnoses in the Philippines and Indonesia has also begun to decline, and the epidemic situation in other countries is stable and strictly prevent secondary infection.
- Promote MEAN WELL's online exhibition hall to distributors and potential customers, and invite them to participate in relevant online product briefings to expand communication with the market and increase marketing promotion efforts.
- Combining distribution partners and important direct customers to jointly promote the promotion of industrial recovery and revitalization 3% simulation plan.
Have good intentions, care our partners, provide the power of stability and assist industry to recover.
MEAN WELL Group Prevention Team 2020/10/20