Last week, the global cases confirmed of coronavirus have exceeded 19.49 million, causing more than 720,000 death. The increasing rate of past 7 days compared to the past 14 days is 96.90%. The increasing rate of the week compared is less than 100%, which is the first time in the past three months. The number of confirmed cases in India has gone from 1 million to over 2 million in just 21 days. Experts worry that at this speed, the number of confirmed cases in India may soon surpass Brazil and the United States, becoming the most severely affected country in the world.
The number of confirmed cases worldwide has exceeded 19 million. European countries are worried about the second wave of the outbreak and have implemented new travel restrictions and epidemic prevention measures; According to the WHO, there are currently about 165 vaccines in the trial phase, 26 of them are in the clinical trial phase while 6 of them are in the third clinical trial phase.
To get rid of dependence, China will start the internal circulation. The Beijing government has formulated a plan to strengthen domestic economic development, which may be the 14th focus of the “five-year plan” (2021-2025); According to the latest forecast by the World Bank, it is still possible that China may be the only country that has a positive growth in the economy in the world.
Taiwan Headquarters (Associate General Manager: Alex Tsai)
- Recently some foreigners were tested positive for COVID-19 after going back to their home country from Taiwan, which aroused public concern about whether there is a potential transmission chain in the domestic community. According to the international studies, 10 days after the onset of symptoms or asymptomatic people after 10 days from the first positive test are almost non-infectious. Even if a very small number of asymptomatic cases were not stopped at entry, after the 14-day home quarantine, its infectivity has been greatly reduced or almost non-infectious. With the quarantine and 7-days independent health management, then health status continuous track closely, it is confident that we can effectively prevent the risk of community transmission. After considering international experience, domestic empirical evidence, spreading risks, and consulting experts, Taiwan decided to remain the current policy, there is no need to implement general tests of immigrants.
- The Taiwan Economic Research Institute released economic survey information that the rebound in global demand will help Taiwan’s traditional industries to stabilize their orders. However, the impact of the epidemic and the resurgence of US-China trade war may affect terminal demand. In terms of the outlook for the next six months, as the long-distance business opportunities driven by the previous epidemic have cooled, coupled with the recent outbreak of the epidemic, the US-China trade war has revived, the economic outlook of the world’s major economies remains conservative and pessimistic, and terminal consumer demand is still declining compared with the same period in 2019. Therefore, most of the traditional industry manufacturers and electronic machinery manufacturers still view the outlook on the economy in the next six months as flat or worse.
- Orders raised slightly in July, and the Taiwan plant remained stable. It was adjusted in line with the overall planning of the group's production, and combined with sales functions to conduct overall market orders and sales and inventory statistics to provide future forecasts to maintain stable production and delivery.
Guangzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Aden Wang)
- As of 8/8, a total of 1693 confirmed cases have been confirmed in Guangdong Province, and 16 are in hospital treatment.
- Starting from 8/7, passengers entering Zhuhai and Shenzhen from Hong Kong must have a nucleic acid certificate and undergo a 14-day centralized quarantine observation.
- The Ministry of Transportation issued policies on 8/6 to deeply empower transportation infrastructure with information technology, promote the application of new energy and new materials, and accelerate infrastructure construction such as 5G networks, data centers, and the Internet of Things, and become a new driving force for the development of new infrastructure.
- The orders received in July rebounded slightly, and domestic demand projects such as smart light poles, drones, and security systems were gradually promoted, combined with production and sales forecasts and production capacity leveling, and gradually increased inventory.
Suzhou MEAN WELL (General Manager: Alan Liu)
- Last week, 4 new coronavirus cases from abroad were identified in Jiangsu Province, bringing the total number of cases to 659, while 654 people discharged from the hospitals, with 0 mortality.
- Last week, all the new coronavirus cases were identified in Xinjiang and Liaoning Province. The situation of epidemic is under-control now.
MEAN WELL Europe (General Manager: Coleman)
- New confirmed cases in Netherlands have been growing. Prime minister joined press conference on 6th Aug, giving strong warming to the public to follow the regulations, otherwise a second lockdown cannot be avoided.
- MWEU focused working with customers to support the recovery of the industry. We offer key accounts to join our membership program so we can be closer together, key accounts can enjoy more of our product service resources.
- Other than giving information package and special stocking orders, MWEU work closer with system integrators and assigned business development managers to directly support customers.
- Medical projects are still moving fast. MWEU worked with searching engines as well as professional social media for customers to easier finding our product and services.
MEAN WELL USA (General Manager: Leo)
- The United States set a record for coronavirus cases on Saturday, with more than 5 million people now infected. The country’s top infectious diseases official offered hope earlier this week that an effective vaccine might be available by year-end.
- President Donald Trump announced four executive actions on Saturday, including continued expanded unemployment benefits and a temporary payroll tax deferral for some workers, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to hobble the U.S. economy.
- The medical market continues to grow and with sales ratio for 7.3%. Force to develop of other industries (e.g. fitness equipment, UV-C disinfection, and robotics). Creating EDM and increasing social media exposure.
ASIA (ASIAN Regional Manager: Leo Wu)
- The number of confirmed diagnoses in India, Indonesia, and Philippines continues to rise each week, but it has not passed the peak; In addition, Victoria, Australia has declared a state of disaster due to the sharp increase in the number of confirmed cases, and various restrictions have been adopted including people are not allowed to leave home for more than five kilometers, curfews, online teaching in schools, and bans on gathering crowds to control the spread of the epidemic.
- According to the needs and characteristics of industries in various countries and important vertical industries in the region (lighting, medical, telecommunications, high-end equipment, etc.), provide translation of local language versions of marketing materials and audio-visual sharing channels, and it is expected to launch YouTube Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian , Thai version to increase communication with the local market and expand contact with potential customers.
- Communicate and review market demand and inventory status with distributors and important customers to help grasp the projects related to economic expansion and revitalization launched by local governments.
Japan (Sales Representative of Japan: Jeff Fang)
- New confirmed cases in Japan has been growing. 959~1,602 new infections per day last week.
- Japanese government announced to incrementally permit the entry into Japan by foreigners who possess the status of residence.
- Publish E-DM (including promotional video) to Japanese clients, and focus on promoting HRP, SDR, XLG and GST series in this week.
Have good intentions, care our partners, provide the power of stability and assist industry to recover.
MEAN WELL Group Prevention Team 2020/08/11